Friday, September 12, 2008

Big vs. Little

So Malea lately has been telling us how big she is. When she wants to do something on her own she says "no my do it cause I'm big." Yesterday however, it was a very different story.

She will not sleep in her own bed and always ends up in bed with Andrew, because we will not let her in our bed. Poor Andrew. We told her that she is a big girl now and needs to start sleeping in her own bed. She said "no my not big, my little." That was the end of that.

Later, Steve and I were talking about how she hasn't been taking naps lately, and by 5:00 in the evening she is horrendous because she is so tired. Steve said "Malea you need to take naps, that is what little girls do." She said "no, my big!" Steve said, "If you're big than you need to sleep in your own bed." Her reply was, "no my a little girl who doesn't take naps!" There is no fooling Malea.

She is one of the most stubborn children on the planet. She keeps me on my toes.

3 comments:

dnbwilkesfamily said...

Wow! What a smart little or big girl..depending on the situation! She is so cute and so smart!

Adrienne said...

Don't take this the wrong way but I'm starting to understand why you say boys are easier than girls. They are definitely different. Unfortunately we seem to only produce girls.

Ryder Royalty said...

that's bethany!!! (hannah too when she wants to be that stubborn!)